Saturday, December 18, 2010

Christmas in the Howard Home

First I have to say... Are you impressed I'm blogging twice this month? Who knows, it might even make it to three.

So, last night Brodie and I are sitting on the couch. I'm checking my email as he sits next to me studying. He looks across the room at our Christmas tree and says, "We have one ornament on a half lit Christmas tree."... As I looked at the tree, then back to Brodie, we both started laughing, and I realized, this just about sums up our "Christmasness" these past few weeks.... However, for the record, it is about 3/4 lit, I just need to buy one more strand.

Ever since I got married, I feel like life has sped up about ten fold. I can't believe Christmas is only a week away and will basically be over next week at this time. Lame. Once tomorrow hits though, Brodie will be done with school and our tree will be fully decorated! (Many thanks to my mom who bought us bobbles). And now after going to an ornament party yesterday evening, I have fifteen new homemade ornaments to place on our tree!

Onto the good and not so good of this week:

Good
1. Brodie did well on his exams.
2. I got a 97 on a BYU English Paper (that I did not enjoy), 94 on my Bio final (may receive over 100% for the semester), and didn't have to take my Spanish final (have I said how much I love community college?)
3. Y (little boy I babysit) hugged me (big step in our relationship.. we have come a long way since the FATalie incident)
4. I babysat during the evenings and got paid $20/hr!
5. I made some pretty crafty penguin ornaments last night.

Not So Good
6. Found out that Brodie really is allergic to Christmas trees - After he hauled a 7 foot tree up to our third story apartment. On the plus side, we were going to get rid of it, but now he is no longer sniffling and sneezing. So it gets to stay!
7. I have yet to finish my thank you notes (yup from our wedding) and they are constantly on my mind.
8. After babysitting one night, one of the kids had just finished telling me, "this night has been the best night of my life!"(I felt pretty awesome)... then ten minutes before her parents get home, I accidently poke her in the eye with a camping pole (we were attempted to build a fort). It was swollen and sad and she was quite reluctant to give me a hug when I left.




4 comments:

  1. ohhhh darling, i love when you post!! i miss you, we need to chat sometime when i get back from canada.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOWEE! how did i miss this gem of a post?


    But, ---- It's January!!!!! New post please!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you might be better at posting than me :)

    but now I need the post-Christmas post!!

    greedy, yes.

    i know.

    but that's how i roll.

    ReplyDelete
  4. umm... ok... two blogs in one month. now why are there NO blogs in TWO months???

    ReplyDelete